TOP STORY: Liverpool offer Shaqiri, Origi for Saul
The report states that Xherdan Shaqiri and Divock Origi will be made available to the Spanish capital club, with Jurgen Klopp keen to move on a number of players before adding another marquee signing to the squad. The reigning La Liga champions would be prepared to listen to offers in the region of £42 million.
On Wednesday, sources told ESPN’s Sam Marsden and Moises Llorens that Barcelona were interested in a swap deal that would see Antoine Griezmann return to Los Colchoneros in exchange for Saul, but Liverpool’s interest could now see either club reveal their hand in the negotiations.
Saul graduated from Atletico’s academy in 2010 and eventually became a regular feature in the first team, making 33 appearances last season as manager Diego Simeone led the club to the second league title of his tenure.
11.14 BST: Barcelona will hold talks with Ousmane Dembele‘s representatives next week in the hope the French forward signs a new contract, Mundo Deportivo reports.
Dembele, who becomes a free agent in June 2022, has missed 86 games through injury since he arrived at the Camp Nou in 2017. The 24-year-old has not managed to settle at Barcelona, but the club is willing to extend his deal as they do not want to risk losing him next summer for free.
Barca paid a transfer fee €105m plus variables to sign Dembele from Borussia Dortmund. Several European clubs have shown an interest in the player.
Dembele showed some consistency last season, scoring six goals and setting up three more in 30 league appearances. He missed Euro 2020 due to injury.
Barca could not sell Dembele this summer as he underwent surgery to repair a hamstring problem last month and will be out of action until October.
10.31 BST: Chelsea striker Olivier Giroud is undergoing a medical at AC Milan, according to Sky.
The 34-year-old France international is set to join the Italian giants for a transfer fee that could rise to €2m if he passes his examination.
Giroud has scored 39 goals in 119 appearances for Chelsea since joining them from Arsenal in January 2018.
He scored 11 goals in all competitions last season, including four in one match against Sevilla as part of their triumphant Champions League campaign.
Julien Laurens reacts to the news that Houssem Aouar is linked with Arsenal and Tottenham.
09.43 BST: Manchester United, Liverpool and Tottenham have joined Arsenal in the race to sign Lyon playmaker Houssem Aouar this summer, sources have told ESPN’s Julien Laurens.
Aouar has two years remaining on his Lyon contract but sources have told ESPN that the Ligue 1 club want to offload the player. Mikel Arteta’s side will face competition for his signature from Premier League rivals United, Liverpool and Spurs.
Liverpool are looking to find a replacement for Georginio Wijnaldum who joined Paris Saint-Germain on a free transfer this summer. Sources have told ESPN that Liverpool have been following Aouar’s progress for a while and could be tempted to make an offer.
However, Liverpool’s relationship with Lyon has not been the same since they tried to sign striker Nabil Fekir in 2018 but the deal failed to materialise.
United are also monitoring Aouar’s situation due to the uncertainly surrounding Paul Pogba’s future this summer. Sources have told ESPN that PSG are considering a move for the midfielder and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer views Aouar as a good replacement for Pogba.
However, sources have told ESPN that Arsenal and Spurs lead the race to sign Aouar despite interest from United and Liverpool.
09.06 BST: Paris Saint-Germain believed Lionel Messi was so open to the idea of leaving Barcelona this summer that sporting director Leonardo had mentioned him as part of his plans for the new season when meeting with agents this summer to discuss transfers, sources told ESPN’s Julien Laurens.
Messi has agreed a new five-year deal at Barcelona, on a significantly reduced salary, but had been weighing up his options. He came close to leaving Camp Nou last summer before making a shock U-turn and this time around, he was also open to leaving.
PSG’s optimism over a deal wavered significantly when Sergio Aguero completed his free transfer to Barcelona, with the former Manchester City striker close friends with Messi. At that point, sources said, PSG started to back away from pursuing a potential deal as they wanted to move on to more realistic targets.
08.30 BST: Celtic have reached an agreement with Vissel Kobe over the signing of Japan international winger Kyogo Furuhashi, both clubs have announced.
The 26-year-old will complete the move if and when he passes a medical and has received international clearance.
Furuhashi is set to become the fourth signing for new Celtic boss Ange Postecoglou, who spent three years managing Yokohama F. Marinos in Japan’s J1 League before taking over at Parkhead.
Celtic have already signed Liel Abada, Liam Shaw and Osaze Urhoghide since Postecoglou came on board earlier in the summer.
古橋亨梧選手のスコティッシュ・プレミアシップに所属するセルティックFCへの完全移籍について、クラブ間での基本合意に達しましたので、お知らせします。https://t.co/9wlbgm0dHv#VisselKobe and @CelticFC have agreed to the transfer of @Kyogo_Furuhashi. #ヴィッセル神戸 pic.twitter.com/4xp3q6dIlY
— ヴィッセル神戸 (@visselkobe) July 16, 2021
PAPER GOSSIP (by Adam Brown)
– Kylian Mbappe‘s contract situation could be resolved with Marca writing that a big contract offer is on the horizon for the French star. The 22-year-old has just one year left on his deal and has been the subject of speculation, with previous reports stating there had been a fallout between the forward and sporting director Leonardo. The new deal is reported to take Mbappe’s salary to a similar level of Neymar, who earns an estimated $36.5 million per season.
– Getafe’s Marc Cucurella is in high demand with clubs from both Italy and England chasing the highly rated La Liga star. The Athletic writes that both AS Roma and Brighton & Hove Albion have registered their interest in acquiring the left-sided player, and that more clubs are waiting to see how the 22-year-old with a reported €18m release clause performs at the upcoming Tokyo Olympics with Spain.
– Borussia Dortmund are ready to step up their chase for Donyell Malen with a number of clubs impressed with the striker’s performances at Euro 2020. Calciomercato writes that the Bundesliga club are at the front of the queue for the forward, who is also wanted by Juventus and AC Milan. The 22-year-old scored 25 goals and registered eight assists for PSV Eindhoven last season.
– AC Milan are continuing their business in the transfer market with Fode Ballo Toure agreeing terms to make the switch to the Serie A club. That’s according to Gianluca Di Marzio, who says that a deal has already been done, and the AS Monaco star is expected to arrive at the San Siro on Saturday. The 24-year-old can play on the left side of midfield or defence, and registered three assists in six starts from left-back last season.
– Leeds United’s Ezgjan Alioski is set to head to the Turkish Super Lig after becoming a free agent this summer. Fabrizio Romano writes that a deal has been agreed with Galatasaray for the 29-year-old who represented North Macedonia at Euro 2020.
10 Ways Busy Solopreneurs Can Make Their Workdays More Efficient
Combating Language Discrimination In Customer Service
Eight Effective Strategies For Identifying Your Target Customers
Eight Signs That Your Business May No Longer Be Worth Your Time
More Workers Are Thinking Like Entrepreneurs. Why That’s A Problem, And Opportunity, For Employers
Nine Effective Email Marketing Strategies That Aren’t Just About ‘Selling’