TOP STORY: West Ham’s battle to keep Rice
There were plenty of clubs reportedly interested in West Ham United midfielder Declan Rice last summer. The Hammers managed to keep hold of their talisman, though, even with big names such as Manchester United and Chelsea being mentioned as potential suitors.
While it seemed as though that interest had cooled, the Telegraph reports that the Blues have reignited their pursuit of the 22-year-old and that the Red Devils — along with Manchester City — are also monitoring the situation.
The England international has gone from strength to strength in recent seasons, meaning he won’t be cheap, and it is suggested that the midfielder could cost £90 million.
While Chelsea are are not the only club hoping to bring Rice in, it seems as though they are the most serious about signing him, and the paper says that Thomas Tuchel’s side is Rice’s preferred destination should he leave London Stadium.
Chelsea will seemingly do all they can to sign the midfielder, and that includes using striker Tammy Abraham as part of a deal.
This comes with the Hammers having recently been linked with the striker, who has struggled for game time since Tuchel took over Chelsea in January.
– Juventus and Everton are both looking into a move for Manchester United goalkeeper Sergio Romero, according to the Daily Mail. The Argentine has been keen to leave Old Trafford since being pushed to the side after Dean Henderson returned from his Sheffield United loan. It is likely that the 34-year-old will fall further down the United pecking order should he stay, with Ole Gunnar Solskjaer’s side now being linked with a move for Aston Villa stopper Tom Heaton.
– There have been reports that Borussia Dortmund are interested in Stuttgart’s Gregor Kobel, which the goalkeeper has now confirmed, as reported by Kicker. The 23-year-old said: “Dortmund is definitely an issue. I’ll deal with it in the next few days. I’ll listen to it. We’ll see.”
– According to Le 10 Sport, Flamengo midfielder Gerson will be completing a move to Marseille for €6m plus add-ons. It is suggested that a deal has been done between the two clubs, and Gerson has agreed to the terms of a five-year contract with the Ligue 1 outfit.
– There is no chance of Dani Ceballos staying at Arsenal after his loan from Real Madrid comes to an end, says Fabrizio Romano. The journalist also suggests that Los Blancos are willing to let him leave permanently during the summer window and are waiting for a proposal.
– With Crystal Palace looking to reduce the average age of their squad, they are hoping to sign 22-year-old Copenhagen defender Victor Nelsson, as suggested by the Daily Mail. Within the report, Conor Gallagher and Marc Guehi, Chelsea players on loan at West Bromwich Albion and Swansea City respectively, are both said to be of interest. They are also hoping to bring in Juventus’ Radu Dragusin on loan.
Eight Signs That Your Business May No Longer Be Worth Your Time
More Workers Are Thinking Like Entrepreneurs. Why That’s A Problem, And Opportunity, For Employers
Nine Effective Email Marketing Strategies That Aren’t Just About ‘Selling’
Financial Health Tech Startups Put Consumers In The Driver’s Seat
10 Entrepreneurs Share Their Top Writing Tips For Aspiring Thought Leaders
How Making Money Can Be An Articulation Of Your Values